The price range can also increase and decrease depending on the area you live in and other expenses. As we know, the kitchen faucets are the central part of every kitchen faucet. They are the centerpiece of a stylish kitchen and got attraction at first glance. So an installment of a new kitchen faucet can be a significant change in your old kitchen. Read: step by step- How Much does it Cost to Install a Kitchen Faucet.
The installment of a new Best Kitchen Faucet in the kitchen is not a tricky process. Moreover, if you have the experience, then there is no need for any professional, you can do it by yourself. However, if you are a newbie, we will say you need to help a professional.
The wrong installment can lead to more expenses, and you may also damage your faucet or sink. Moreover, the kitchen faucets are responsible for so many essential functions in the kitchen. With a wrong or incorrect installment, you can compromise their function and flexibility.
Factors that determine the cost for the installment of a kitchen faucet
Many factors vary from area to area and also to the condition of the kitchen faucet. These variables determine how much faucet installation costs.
- Labor Cost:
If you have no experience installing a kitchen faucet, you need to hire a professional for this. The hourly rate of plumbers is somewhere between $40-$60. Moreover, the labor cost can vary from place to place.
- Replacement or installation for the first time:
Moreover, the price range will also vary either by installing it for the first time or replacing your old faucet. For the first time installment, there will be drilling of new holes, and the labor feel will rise.
On the other hand, if you are replacing your old faucet, there will be no need for extra drilling. Here, another essential thing that matters is your old faucet condition.
- Type of faucets:
There are many kinds of kitchen faucets available in the market. The installation of the faucet varies according to its type. Different types of faucets required 1 to 3 hole installment. The cost of drilling one hole and three holes are different.
Moreover, if you will buy a kitchen faucet with advance and multiple features, the installation will be complicated. On the contrary, the installation of a simple faucet is relatively easy and straightforward. There are different types of faucets, for example…
1. Monobloc faucet/ Single-handle faucet:
Here both the monobloc faucet and single handle faucet required a simple installation. Both faucets offer a simple and basic design for kitchen faucets. Both types have the cheapest price rate, and also, the installation rate will be below. So if you are on a budget, these faucets are a perfect choice.
2. Pull-down faucets:
The pull-down faucets are more expensive than the monobloc and single handle faucet. They provide extra flexibility with pulling out features. They can extend for extra reach in the cleaning of the kitchen.
They are high in price; however, their installation process is simple, and you can install them without any cost. So anyone who is on an average budget can buy a pull-down kitchen faucet.
3. Wall-mounted kitchen faucet:
These are the types of kitchen faucets that are installed on the counter or on the wall. These faucets are more advanced in their design and features. However, if you want to know how much it costs to install a faucet, it depends on whether the holes will be drilled for the first time or holes already exist.
For example, if you want a replacement of your old wall mounted kitchen faucet, there will be no extra cost. However, if you want a wall-mounted faucet for the first time, you can pay an extra labor fee.
Q. How to install a two-handle kitchen faucet?
Ans: To install a two-handle kitchen faucet, you need to remove the old kitchen faucet. After removal follows this procedure for installation of a two-handle kitchen faucet.
- Mount the two handle faucets on the three holes at your sink. The one handle is for cold water and one for the hot water attached to the base.
- Now screw the anchoring nuts underside of hot and cold valves. You will screw the anchoring nuts and tighten them firmly. Take someone to help you check the faucet attached to the sink firmly.
- Now connect the supply lines to the anchoring nuts of both handles. You will connect both supply lines Frimley with the anchoring nuts.
- Now it’s time to connect the supply line to the corresponding water supply.
- Connect the supply lines with the water supply valve in the clockwise direction. Do the same process with the other side.
How to Install a New Kitchen Faucet?
Q. How to tighten a loose Moen single-handle kitchen faucet?
Ans: If you have a Moen kitchen faucet and it is loose then here is tightening a loose Moen single handle kitchen faucet.
- Basin wrench
- Allen wrench
- First of all, plug up, all basin drains to prevent the loss of any nut.
- Now find the hot and cold water supply valves once you find shut off both the valves’ water supply by rotating them in an anticlockwise direction.
- Now with the help of a flashlight go under the base of the faucet. Now take the wrench and adjust it between the water supply line and inlet.
- Now, pray off the wrench in an anticlockwise direction.
- The next step is to tighten the nuts with the help of a basin wrench. You will tight all the loose nuts that connect the faucet with the base.
- Once you tighten all the nuts, now reconnect the supply of the water to see any leakage.
Q. How to increase water pressure outside the faucet?
Ans: For large adjustments of water pressure, you need to take the help of a plumber. For an average increment of water pressure, you can screw the adjustment screw in a clockwise direction to increase the faucet pressure.
Q. How much does a home depot charge to install a kitchen faucet?
Ans: A home depot charges somewhere between $300-$500 for the installation of a kitchen faucet.
Q. How long does it take to replace a kitchen faucet?
Ans: For a professional, 30 minutes is enough to replace a kitchen faucet.
We hope you will get an idea about how much does it cost to install a kitchen faucet from all the scenarios. However, the price range can change according to your area and according to your faucet condition. Moreover, it also depends on what type of faucet you want to install.
In the end, we will recommend you if you have no experience with kitchen faucets. Take the help of any professional to avoid any inconvenience.