Do you know there was a sharp rise in pasta production in 2019? Its production was 7 million tons in the last two decades, while in 2020, it is approximately 16 million tons in 2020. If you are crazy about pasta, know that there are millions of people wanting it at lets once a week. All in all, we love this mouth-watering meal. But how many of us know how to cook it? Well, we just need to boil and strain the remaining water. Choosing the best pasta pot with a strainer can help in this task.
A pasta pot with a strainer gives other benefits than just straining the extra water. It protects you from hot steam coming out of it and avoids the chances of spilling pasta into the sink. To buy the best pot for cooking pasta that provides all these benefits, follow our recommendations in this review.
Reasons Why We Should Use Pasta Pot
A pasta pot that has an in-built strainer is a very practical kitchen utensil. It makes the pasting cooking process safe, and easy for you. Also, you do not need to buy a colander separately for straining. Here are a few more advantages of using this tool:
Less Time Consumption
When you are using a pasta pot with an in-built strainer, you can do your work quickly. All you need to do is to grab the pot and take it to the sink. You can now drain it directly into the sink without the need of arranging a colander. You will save a lot of time in the process.
If you are using a simple pasta pot at home, it would be very unsafe to lift it. But you have to do it to strain the excess water in the sink. To avoid this dangerous act, you must buy the pasta pot with a strainer. It is the best pot for boiling pasta. It will safely drain the water, and also save you from the hot steam coming out of pasta. So, it’s always better to buy the pasta pot rather than using an ordinary pot.
No-Risk of Spillage
The pots that do not have a strainer have greater chances to spill the pasta in the sink. In this way, you sometimes get hurt because it can spill on your hands as well. However, if you use the pasta pot that has a strainer in it, there will be no way that the pasta comes out of the pot. It will stay intact as you drain out the excess water.
10 Best Pasta Pot with Strainer: Our Recommendations
1 Cook N Home Pasta Pot
The Neway International Housewares is the manufacturing company of these pasta pots. It is the best pasta pot model available in the market right now. If you are looking for a pasta pot that you can rely on for quick and safe straining, then buy this one. It comes with a transparent, and aluminum base. So, it will be a great addition to your kitchen for quick pasta recipes.
The dimensions of this product are 11 x 11 x 9 inches (LXWXH), and just 6 pounds weight. The item model number is 02401. If you want to buy online, you can use B00O8LFGEC ASIN.
- The capacity of the pasta pot is 8 quarts, so a medium family can use it easily.
- It is three in the one-a steamer, stockpot, and a pasta cooking pot as well.
- Construction is of stainless-steel material while the base is of aluminum for even heat distribution.
- Handles are made of stainless steel material.
- The glass lid gives a clear view of cooking progress.
2 Bialetti Oval 5 Quart Pasta Pot
Bradshaw International is the manufacturing company of this item. They are making one of the best pasta pots right now. The idea behind making this pot is to ensure that you can strain the pasta without the need for an additional container. It is non -slippery and cools down quickly after cooking.
It has 16.25 x 9.5 x 7.75 inches in dimensions and 3.5 pounds of total weight. The manufacturing part number is 7265. You can use B005PPP7MQ SIN to buy this product online.
- Construction is of aluminum material for even food cooking.
- The inner side of the pot is PFOA free.
- The lid of the pot contains perforations for straining extra water.
- Handles of pot are made with bakelite material.
- Comes in black, blue, purple, and red color.
- Pot design is oval to accommodate pasta effectively.
- There is a lock in the strainer that you can twist for draining pasta.
3 Gotham Steel Stock Pasta Pot
E Mishan & Sons are the brands that manufacture the best pot for pasta. You will never a choice better than this pot because it can cook even long noodles without breaking them. If straining the pasta is your main issue, this unit will be the ultimate solution. Even with the lid on, you can flip the pot to drain excess water.
This particular pot of this company weighs only 3.83 pounds, and its dimension range is 14.21 x 12.4 x 8.54 inches. The item model number is 7- Quart Stock Pot with Ultra Nonstick. If you want to purchase it from a credible retailer, use the B07K7C2M99 ASIN.
- This pasta pot has multiple functions like straining, steaming, and stocking.
- Comes in 5 quarts size or capacity. Therefore, ideal for a single person or a couple.
- The lid is transparent to allow a clear view of pasta cooking inside. No need to take out the lid.
- The construction material is aluminum. It ensures even cooking of the pasta.
- Handles have a strong fixation with the pot body. Also, they stay cool even after long hours of cooking.
4 HOMICHEF Commercial Grade Pasta Pot
HOMICHEF STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE LLC is the brand that produces this product. You can make the best one-pot pasta in it. While looking for a pasta pot, never miss the option that is made with an aluminum base. Your pasta will cook perfectly if you use this one. Its lid is also of great use. It not only makes the straining process easy but saves you from hot steam. So, try your best to buy this one.
It weighs 5.7 pounds while the dimensions (LXWXH) are 12 x 16 x 14 inches. Its manufacturing part number is 7015. Try to use B07BRHZDXN ASIN to buy the original product.
- It has two pots. One has 6 quarts size for boiling pasta and the other for straining.
- The inner part is shiny and non-sticky to ensure perfect pasta cooking.
- The base is made with aluminum material to ensure uniform heating.
- The handles have rivet connections for a strong and secure grip.
- Overall construction is of 18/10 stainless steel.
- The lid is of glass material with a steam vent at one side.
- The potting material has a 7 mm thickness for adequate heat absorption and transfer.
5 Mockins Steel Steamer Pasta Pot
The Mockins manufacturers have been making this pasta pot for a very long time. It is the best pot to boil pasta. It has a traditional design with perfect straining capabilities. If you are looking for a pasta pot that is cheap and has all such qualities, then opt for this. You can see the best construction of this pot through shinny finishing and solid structure.
With an 11.6 x 11 x 8.2 inches dimension range, the weight of the product is 5.04 pounds. The item model number that this pasta pot holds is MHPOTSTE73. To buy online, use the B077NTVDYZ SIN.
- It has 3 pieces that are perfect for boiling, steaming, and straining the pasta.
- Made with 18/8 stainless steel structure with aluminum core.
- Pot rims are thick to avoid spills and drips.
- Have a glass lid with perfect fitting on the pot.
6 Cook N Home Steamer Pasta Pot
Cook N Home is the brand that manufactures the best pot for pasta sauce. The handle of this pot is the most prominent thing. You will have a very good grip on the pot while draining extra water from the pasta. Also, it remains cool so your hands are also safe. It has insulation that makes it very beneficial. Overall, it is a great product that you can consider to buy.
This pasta pot has a dimension range of 9.7 x 6.8 x 9.5 inches, while the weight is just 2 pounds. The manufacturing part number is 02478. Buy it from a credible source by using the B01EHXPT2Y ASIN.
- Made for cooking pasta, and steamed vegetables of all kinds.
- Other than just boiling, you can strain it as well.
- The lid is made of glass with a vent on one side.
- It has perfect compatibility with induction stoves that use gas, electricity, etc.
- A deep stainless-steel basket comes with it. It replaces the colanders for straining and balancing.
- Its size or capacity is 4 quarts with a total of 3 pieces. Thus, it is perfect for accommodating the food of a medium family.
7 Clip-On Kitchen Pasta Pot
Salbree is making these pasta pods that weigh 5.1 pounds. This one is their best pasta cooking pot. Whether you are using your right hand or left hand for straining, this pasta pot is perfect for you. This model from this brand is becoming very popular among pasta lovers because it has many good features. Cooking in such pots is extremely easy in comparison to traditional pots.
Their dimensions for length, width, and height are 9 x 3.5 x 2 inches. The manufacturing part number is SYNCHKG109595. B01N9AC1TK is the ASIN that will help you buy it online.
- The strainer has a very fine mesh size to void pasta spillage.
- This toolset has 3 pieces to help cooking, steaming, and straining pasta.
- It has a coating of food-grade silicone that helps in better cooking.
8 AVACRAFT Stainless Steel Multipurpose Pasta Pot
AVACRAFT manufacturers the best pot for making pasta. Its material is something that is making this product different from others. The construction is of stainless steel material which o very high quality. Otherwise, the strainer is also made easy to use, so anyone can buy and take advantage of it. Its design scheme is also innovative. Therefore, more people are now attracting towards this new model from the company.
This particular one has 3.98 pounds in weight and a 17.63 x 9.1 x 6.5 inches dimension. The SSIN to buy these pasta pods online is B07DCYRYQX.
- It is made with 18/10 stainless steel material. This ensures even cooking of the pasta.
- The lid is made of shatterproof glass material.
- It has measurement marks inside the pot. You can measure easily by adding water.
- Overall, the finishing is matte that is resistant to scratches and sticking.
9 T-fal B36262 Specialty Total Nonstick Pasta Pot
If you want to know what size pot is best for pasta, then know that this one is a perfect size. Other than this, the handles are also an attractive addition to this model. They are tiny and thin, but string at the same time. They do not slip from their hands and cool down quickly after cooking is done.
The Groupe SEB manufactures this product with 4.6 pounds weight. Overall, the dimensions range is 10 x 14 x 14 inches with item model number 2100092147. Use B000GWK34K ASIN to ensure a safe online purchase.
- This pasta pot has 12 quarts size or capacity. This means that you can arrange food for serving quite a big family.
- The inner and outer side is made with non-stick material. This allows easy cooking in which pasta does not stick to any part of the pot.
- The lid is made with glass material to show the cooking progress. Also, there is a vent for steam escape and prevention of pasta water from boiling.
- Its construction is mainly of aluminum material. This ensures uniform heating and even cooking of the pasta.
10 All-Clad E414S6 Stainless Steel Pasta Pot
This one is the best nonstick small pasta pot. The pot is very comfortable for cooking pasta because of the perfect size and design. Also, the handles have insulation that makes straining very easy and simple. You can buy it without fearing any problems like those you face with ordinary pots.
Groupe SEB manufacturer’s this item that has almost 3 pounds weight. The dimensions for length, width, and height are 12.6 x 9.6 x 11.4 inches. The manufacturing part number from the company is 2100078499. Try to use the B00DP2UYGK ASIN if you want to buy it online.
- The size or capacity is 6 quarts, and there are two pieces in it.
- Construction is of 18/10 stainless steel material.
- The handles have rivet attachments for a strong and secure lift.
- The base is made of aluminum that helps in uniform cooking.
Buying Guide for best pasta pot with a strainer
When you go for buying the pasta pot in the market, many sellers will try to grab your attention with false claims. They will tell you that their product model is the best in the world, but you cannot believe all that they share with you.
So, how can you buy the best pasta pot ever? Here we are going to share some of the points that you should consider before buying the pasta pot with a strainer.
1 Pot and Lid Material
The material of pot material is a very important aspect to consider while buying. It is the material that determines how long the pot will be useful for pasta cooking. Also, how effective it boils and its weight, all depend on the material.
People who like fast cooking should choose aluminum material. It heats up fast and uniformly boils the pasta. However, some people choose to buy the one made with stainless steel. Just keep in mind that it is heavy and takes time in boiling pasta.
Similarly, the lid material is either glass or metal. Metal is best but glass lids are also shatterproof. It’s better to buy the glass lid as it helps you check the pasta cooking progress from outside. It saves you from hot steam coming out of it when you remove the lid to check.
2 Strainer Design
There are various options when it comes to the design of pasta pots. All of them contain in-built strainers but some have removable ones or some have attached ones. The built-in ones are better than the others as you can easily use them.
Even there is a pasta pot that has double strainers. One with large holes and the other with small. So, you have to choose the one that is helpful in cooking pasta that you like. It will help you drain it quite easily. Also, it should not be easily removable to ensure safety when the use is draining the excess water.
3 The capacity of Pot
The capacity of the pot for cooking pasta needs serious consideration. If you buy the one with 6 quarts capacity, know that it will not be able to serve a big family. Also, if you buy 12 quarts for only a couple, that is not wise as well. So, always choose the size or capacity of the pot while keeping in mind the family size.
4 Induction Compatibility
Some people have an induction stove in the kitchen. For such people, a pasta pot that has induction compatibility must be chosen. In this case, you have to choose the pasta pot that can stick to the magnet of such induction stoves. This means its material has to be either stainless steel or iron. Keep in mind that aluminum and copper material is not good for this purpose, so ignore those pots.
Frequently Asked Questions
1 Is a pasta pot different from an ordinary pot?
Yes, it is very different from an ordinary pot. Its design is specific for making pasta because it has an in-built strainer to remove excess water after boiling. You do not need an external strainer like a colander. It is, therefore, quite different from the normal pots we use in our kitchens for regular cooking. So, if you are a pasta lover, you should specifically buy the pasta pot with a strainer to ensure perfect cooking.
2 Why do we need a pasta pot?
We all need pasta pots to avoid time wastage, pasta spillage into the skin, and safe drainage of water. Colanders also prove to be a hurdle in quick straining due to which sometimes pasta gets overcooked. Therefore, we all need the best type of pot for cooking pasta which is the one that has a strainer with it.
3 What size should I choose for my pasta pot?
The size of the pasta pot is relevant to its capacity to cook a certain amount of pasta. The range is between 5 quarts to 12 quarts. So, you have to decide the quarters depending on the number of family members you have at home. For people who are living alone or with a partner can use 5 quarters. While those with family should choose from 6 to 12 quarts size. It all depends on the number of members of the family.
4 What is the material of pasta pot handles?
They are made with different materials. Usually, the handle material is the same as the material of the rest of the pot. However, it can be of different material as well. Whatever the material it is, keep in mind that you need to use a cloth to lift it. The main thing to consider in handles is their secure attachment with the pot body. The screws should be tight enough so that they do not break apart. Also, they should have insulation of material that does not allow them to burn with the heat of the stove.
With our recommendations in this review, many of your problems regarding pasta cooking will be gone. There are a lot of designs, styles, sizes, and materials to choose from the list. For you, we have arranged some of the best pasta pots with a strainer. Choose wisely, especially when it comes to size. It should be large enough to serve your family. Also, it should be lightweight and durable. Therefore, pay great attention to the material as well. You will find all the best options in the product reviews above.